Copyright 2009 Syd Entel Galleries Susan Benjamin Glass, All rights Reserved.
Syd Entel Galleries is proud to present the work of Ken Hawk (1942
- 2000). After a successful career in the development business,
Ken Hawk was left with a burning desire to return to his first
love…painting. After attending the Arts Center School of Design in
Los Angeles, he developed his painting style under the direction
of such highly acclaimed watercolorists as Millard Sheets, Robert
E. Wood, Edgar Whitney and Mario Cooper. He also studied in
Mexico under the tutelage of Frank Webb and Dong Kingman.
"I like painting areas that hold me with their light and depth of
color. I like to emphasize the brightness of day because I see
everything in contrast to the sky. To present the viewer with
works that stimulate an excitement and a different awareness of
color is the challenge I seek through my effort in watercolor."
• Stary-Sheets Gallery, Gaulala, California, October 1990
• Riverwalk Gallery, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 1990
• Images Fine Art, Novato, California 1989
• Fine Art Unlimited, St. Petersburg, Florida 1989
• Voorhees Gallery, Sarasota, Florida 1988
• Syd Entel Gallery, Tampa, Florida 1987
• International Art Exposition, New York, New York 1989
• International Art Exposition, Los Angeles, California 1989
• Florida Suncoast Watercolor Society Invitation Show 1989
• The Leech Studio Annual Juried Show, Sarasota, Florida 1988
Click on the images to the right to see the enlarged versions of
Ken Hawk's art work.